My church just finished it’s last day of VBS (Vacation Bible School) and I have to say we had a blast! The kids had fun in their classes and I had fun just hanging out in church. I volunteered to check in the workers in the morning, which also meant I had to make sure all classes were covered and help find replacements for those that weren’t. It was fun working with our Youth Pastor, Pastor Brian, since I haven’t had a chance to work with him (or even really speak to him) before this week. He’s an awesome person.
It was a great week and I can’t wait to volunteer again next year!
Next week we also have VBS at another church a town over. I love this VBS because they actually have classes for the moms! This year’s topic is the Proverbs 31 wife and how that looks like for us today. I am SO excited about this topic!! I just pray Sam will behave enough for me to pay attention and not always be out in the hall way! 😀
If you’d like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here
So I’ve been working out for 9 days and after my initial 10lb weight loss, which I lost mostly before I started working out by changing my diet to eat clean, no processed, no sugar foods, I haven’t lost a pound. Wow, long sentence. I know I’m doing the right things:
- eating clean foods every 2-3 hours;
- Working out using different machines (so my body doesn’t get used to just one) and alternating days of lifting weights with other routines my trainer gave me (I sooo don’t know fitness lingo).
- Finding ways throughout the day to burn extra calories (running around after my son and squatting down to his level, kicki my feet a bunch of times at the pool, etc.)
- And my main thing was stop eating junk food! No M&Ms, soda, Wendy’s…. Just water and clean food.
So what’s the problem? I feel great and my clothes fit better, but the scale refuses to go under 200lbs! My prayer is that I’m losing inches but gaining muscle and that’s why I’m not losing the pounds. But at the same time I don’t want to be this huge person with muscles. Sigh.
Well, I meet with my trainer tomorrow and hopefully she will give me some insight and words of encouragement!
Would love to know if anyone else went through this or is currently going through it! I seriously would love to get together with other women going through the same journey as I am.
I know it’s been awhile but life just got in the way. So here’s the quickie update version of my life:
- I’m no longer homeschooling. Marissa actually decided that she wanted to go back to school & we supported her decision.
- The kids are out for the summer! Just part of what keeps me so busy…
- I chopped off my hair! I love my new look! It’s so easy to manage and I can actually blow it out myself now! Major, major big deal for me.
- I’ve finally decided to star t eating healthy and working out! So I will be blogging about that part of my life.
- And finally, I’ve decided that this blog will truly just be a place for me to write my whole journey. I’m not trying to give advice or do giveaways… I’m just living my life and sharing my journey. I do welcome feedback and comments though! But I’m changing the focus of the blog to be more about my life than about trying to write and share some knowledge or expertise that I try don’t have. I’m just an imperfect mom trying to live in the fullness of Gods grace. I struggle with my identity as a mom, wife, daughter, friend, and Christian and this blog is just a place for me to get it out in words. I pray you will join me in my journey!